PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE PAGE. It contains important information regarding traffic court dispositions, suspensions, court costs, points and driving privileges. If there is a section of this form that you do not understand, please ask the hearing officer for clarification during your hearing.
NOTICE REGARDING POSSIBLE ADDITIONAL SANCTIONS FROM THE OHIO B.M.V.
As a result of your being adjudicated a Juvenile Traffic Offender, Ohio law may require that the Ohio B.M.V. impose additional suspensions and/or fees associated with your driving privileges to include those associated with the reinstatement of your operator’s license. Juvenile Court Personnel are not in a position to advise you regarding these additional conditions. For further information, please contact the B.M.V. toll free at 1-844-644-6268 or visit them online at https://bmv.ohio.gov/suspensions-reinstatements.aspx
ADVISORY NOTICE ON COURT COST
- Court Costs are established by the Ohio Legislature. A case initiation fee of $61.00 plus $49.00 for moving violations and/or $10.00 for non-moving violations will be assessed in accordance with Ohio law upon the filling of a complaint with additional cost assessed to you based upon the number of hearings and amount of activity during your case
POSSIBLE DISPOSITIONAL ORDERS
- 1ST & Subsequent offense(s)
- Court Costs
- License suspension
- Community control sanctions that could include probation, curfew, house arrest, electronic monitoring, drug testing, counseling, or placement outside the home.
- Points being assigned against your driver’s license
- Detention Center commitment for up to 5 days for OVI offenses.
MANDATORY ORDERS WITH OTHER CHARGES
- Leaving the scene – license suspension 3 months to 2 years
- Failure to stop for school bus – fine up to $500.00
- OVI/OMVUAC– License suspension of 3 months to 3 years, Court ordered treatment program, fine up to $250.00
- Texting while driving
- 1st offense – fine of $150.00 mandatory minimum 60 day licenses suspension
- 2nd offense – fine of $300.00 and 1 year licenses suspension
STATE MANDATED ORDERS
- Non-moving offenses – none
- 16-year-old committing moving offense within the first 6 months of having license – B.M.V. may impose a restriction on one’s license requiring parental accompaniment for 6 months or until age 17, whichever comes first.
- A suspension of 89 days or less:
- Defendant must pay all court costs before the suspension is lifted
- The Defendant or Parent may pick up the driver’s license at Allen County Juvenile Court between the hours of 8:30AM -12PM and 1PM-4:30PM Monday through Friday.
- A suspension of 90 days or more
- The original driver’s license is mailed to the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles
- Must pay a reinstatement fee to B.M.V.
- Must re-purchase driver’s license
- Must retake drivers exam (written and driver’s test)
- Complete juvenile driver improvement course approved by the Ohio B.M.V.
- If you have any questions regarding a suspension of 90 days or more please contact the B.M.V. toll free at 1-844-644-6268 or visit them online at http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/suspensions-reinstatements.aspx
- MAY be granted with ANY suspension or restriction, however, they are usually limited to work and school purposes.
- Simply applying for driving privileges does not guarantee the privileges will be granted
- Defendant will be notified by telephone IF privileges are granted
- If privileges are not granted, an entry will be mailed to the Defendant and Parent
- Privileges are reviewed on a first come first server basis and are strictly up to the discretion of the hearing officer
- There is not a minimum or maximum time frame for a decision to be generated on driving privileges
- Hand written letter from juvenile requesting privileges
- Proof of Insurance
- Proof of employment with address on letterhead from the employer/manager
- Proof of enrollment in school with address on school letterhead
- Fines and cost paid in full
- Proof of any extra circular activities on letterhead from a coach or supervisor
- Most moving violations are 2 points. Some exceptions are as follows:
- Fleeing officer – 6 points
- Leaving the Scene- 6 points
- Street racing- 6 points
- DUS 4510.037(J) & 4510.4- 6 points
- Any felony– 6 points
- OVI (A section)– 6 points