Equal Opportunity Employer & Criminal History Policy Statement
The Probate & Juvenile Divisions of the Allen County Court of Common Pleas are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. While an individual’s criminal history is not considered as part of the initial application screening process, applicants should be aware that a complete criminal history will be obtained and considered prior to an offer of employment as part of the background/character investigation process.
Applications must be completed in full (including reference contact information), signed, and submitted by one of the three following methods:
- Mail to or drop off in person at:
Allen County Probate & Juvenile Court
ATTN: Human Resources
1000 Warhill Avenue
Lima, OH 45805
- Scan, save in PDF (.pdf) format, and email to our H.R. Director at
Please note the following:
- Applications will not be accepted at any of our satellite offices of facilities (i.e. Community Control or Detention Center).
- Minimum requirements for all Court employees include:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A valid Driver’s License & compliance with Ohio’s financial responsibility (vehicle insurance laws).
- The ability to pass a character/criminal background investigation.
- The Court & Juvenile Detention Center must comply with Ohio Administrative Code 5139-37-05 (A)(4)(a) & (b) when considering applicants with a prior criminal conviction.
Download our Application for Employment (PDF).
- Senior Deputy Clerk (Juvenile)
- Probation Officer
- Detention Officer -Part Time
- Staff Attorney